Data Protection Declaration
The Companies of the Webasto Group respect your privacy and take the protection of personal data very seriously. We would like for you to know when we save such data and how we use it. We have taken technical and organizational steps that ensure that the provisions governing data protection are observed.
Anonymous data collection
As a general rule, you can visit the non-personalized webpages of the Webasto Group (www.webasto.de, www.webasto.com und www.webasto-group.com) without telling us who you are. When you visit our website, the IP address currently used by your PC, the browser type and your PC's operating system, the website from which you visited us, the date, time, and websites visited by you are recorded. However, inferences cannot be made based on personal data and are not intended. This information is evaluated for statistical purposes. You remain anonymous as an individual user.
Personal data is information that relates to your person. This includes information such as your name, address, postal address, telephone number. This does not include information that cannot be directly connected to your actual identity (for example, how long your remain on the website or the number of users of the website). Personal data is only collected by the companies of the Webasto Group if you provide us with this information; for example, when filling out a registration form or when registering for personalized services. The data entered by you is only saved for the following purpose:
- Fulfillment of your order by Webasto
- Forwarding to installation partners for the purpose of fulfilling your order by the installation partner
- Registration for the newsletter and submittal of the newsletter
- Analysis of anonymized user data for the purpose of extending and improving our website.
On this website in particular we only collect personal data from you that is strictly required to book the offered services. In case the personal data requested in the form are not being communicated, no ordering process is possible. The processing of your personal data is subject to your approval.
Forwarding of personal data to service providers
In order to conduct an on-site visit and, if applicable, at a later point in time an installation of the Wallbox at your home, we must provide our service providers (e.g. installation partners) engaged for this purpose with your necessary contact data as well as additional information regarding the products desired by you. For this purpose, we must transmit the data necessary for this (name, address, telephone number for the date arrangement).
Naturally, all service providers used by Webasto meet the statutory requirements for data protection and are carefully inspected and selected. Your data is exclusively used for the processing and provision of the installation services booked by you and, if applicable, for the further servicing of the current agreement with Webasto and is not used for other purposes.
Within the scope of the installation, the service provider may need to collect additional data from you that is necessary for the installation on-site. This includes in particular technical aspects like details on the available power supply and the possibility of an internet connection. This additional data is processed solely by the service provider as well as in Webasto's systems.
We are happy to inform you upon request of the service provider working for us. Please contact our customer service regarding this information under the hotline number or by email.
Naturally, Webasto will be happy to support you in connection with a justified application for information or data deletion by forwarding the application on your behalf to the service provider.
In order to conduct the delivery of the goods ordered by you we will submit your data to the logistic provider commissioned by us. In case of an ordering of goods and / or a visit on-site at your home, your payment data will be processed exclusively by the payment service provider chosen by you and will not be processed by Webasto. Webasto does not have any influence on the handling of your data on the part of the payment service provider. The installation services are billed by Webasto directly.
The forwarding of data to other third parties is prohibited, unless you have given your express permission to do so.
Duration of storage
Personal data that is provided to us over our website is only stored until the purpose for which it was entrusted to us has been fulfilled. Insofar as retention periods set forth under commercial and tax laws are to be observed, certain data can be stored for up to 10 years.
You have the following legal rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access to your stored data;
- Right of rectification;
- Right of deletion;
- Right of objection;
- Right of limitation of the processing;
- Right of data transferability.
You can withdraw your approval of the processing of your personal data at any time.
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent control authority.
If you should no longer agree to the storage of your personal data or such storage has become improper, we will arrange for the deletion, amendment, or blocking of your data upon receipt of corresponding instructions within the limits of statutory provisions. Upon request, you will receive information regarding all of your personal data that we have saved on you free of charge. If there are any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your personal data, for information, correction, blocking, or deletion of data as well as for the use of further rights, please contact the group data protection officer of the Webasto Group (email@example.com) or in writing to the respective companies of the Webasto Group.
Use of "Cookies"
Cookies are used on our webpages. A cookie is a small data set that can be saved on your hard drive. This data set is generated by the web server with which you initiated a connection over your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) and then sent to you. The cookie makes it possible to recognize you when you visit the website again without having to reenter data that you previously entered during an earlier visit. Most browsers are currently set up by default to automatically accept cookies. However, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you before they are saved to your hard drive. You can find information on this over the help function of the browser used by you. In addition, you can also delete cookies on your system (e.g. in Windows Internet Explorer) at any time.
Links to other websites
Our online presence includes links to other websites. We don't have any influence over whether their operators comply with data protection provisions. Therefore, you should examine the respectively offered data protection statements separately. We also don't have any influence on the legality of the contents of these websites. Therefore, we reject any responsibility for the contents of other websites.
AT Internet data protection statement
We utilise a solution from AT Internet for analysing our website usage. Our aim is to design our website so that it is optimally tailored to your needs. We want to improve both the user-friendliness and quality of our web presence and bring you the products and information that are most relevant to you in a prompt and customer-friendly manner.
In order to be able to achieve the above-stated aim we need to collect and analyse statistics about user behaviour on our website. To do this, we analyse the collected data for the following purposes:
- To make performance and profitability comparisons for our website
- To count the number of visitors
- To track user awareness of, for instance, online advertising, partner and affiliate programs, rich media content and special campaigns that appear on the website
- To rate the areas of the website that are particularly attractive to you
- To evaluate the origin of online users in order to localise the content of our website
We differentiate between raw data (1) and processed data (2):
(1) The following data is collected:
- Either a cookie (which is a small text file that a website stores on your computer), which contains several items of information:
- the name of the server the cookie was sent from,
- an anonymous identifier which takes the form of a unique number,
- an expiry date,
- or a mobile identifier (which is a unique number that allows the device to be uniquely identified)
- and the IP address, which is used for geolocation. The IP address is anonymised by truncating the last three digits.
- All navigation data that is collected in relation to this identifier.
(2) Once the raw data has been processed we speak of processed data, which provides the following information:
- a unique visitor ID,
- all digital analytics data connected with this identifier that is processed by the contract data processing company.
The following storage periods are applicable:
- The raw data is deleted six months after collection.
- The processed data is stored for the duration of the agreement between us and our provider, plus six months.
Transmission of personal data:
We and AT Internet, as our contract data processing company, have access to the digital analytics data.
You can object to your data being processed by AT Internet by following this link:
Management of online advertising measures with Netzeffekt GmbH
For the optimization and billing of our advertising measures and in order to enable the re-addressing of visitors to our websites, Netzeffekt GmbH, Theresienhoehe 28, 80339 Munich, Germany is collection, storing and processing on our account anonymized, non-personalized data about your visit. For this purpose, cookies are used occasionally. Netzeffekt GmbH cannot and will not connect these visitor data with your name or other personal information you provided us with.
You can object to the data processing by Netzeffekt GmbH via the following link:
Use of social plugins from Facebook, Google+, Twitter und XING
You can find links to the following social networks/services on our website by means of bars:
- The external social network Facebook of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, U.S.A. The plugins can be identified by one of the Facebook logos (white "f" on a blue tile or a "thumbs up" symbol) or are marked with the "Facebook Social Plugin" label. The list and appearance of the Facebook Social Plugins can be viewed under http://developers.facebook.com/plugins.
- The external social network "Google+" of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S.A. The plugins are marked in connection with our online presence by the Google+ logo or the "+1" label.
- The external service Twitter of Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, U.S.A. They can be identified by terms such as "Twitter" or "follow" associated with a stylized blue bird. The buttons can be viewed under https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons. Through the use of the buttons it is possible to share a contribution or page on our website on Twitter or to follow us on Twitter.
- The network XING of XING AG, Gänsemarkt 43, D-20354 Hamburg. The plugins are identified by the XING share button.
The buttons and/or plugins are deactivated by default and must be expressly activated by you. The functions assigned to the links to the respective networks/services (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, XING), in particular the transmission of information and user data, are not activated simply by visiting our website, but instead only after clicking on the corresponding link. If these links are followed by clicking on them, the plugins from Facebook, Goolge+, Twitter, and/or XING are activated and your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the respective network/service, i.e. from Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and/or XING. If you follow the links during your visit to our website and are logged into the respective network/service over your personal user account (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, XING), the information that you have visited our website will be forwarded to the respective operator (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, XING). The respective operator (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, XING) can assign the visit to the website to your account. This information is transmitted to the operators (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, XING) and if applicable stored there. In order to prevent this, you must log out of your account before clicking on the link. You can find additional information regarding the saved information under the following links:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084/
- Google+: http://support.google.com/plus/bin/answer.py?hl=de&answer=1319578&rd=1
- XING: http://www.xing.com/app/share?op=data_protection
Even if you are not a member of the aforementioned social networks/services, there is a possibility that they will obtain your IP address over the social plugin and if applicable store it. Details regarding the purpose and scope of the processing, collection, and use of data on the part of Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and XING and your rights and setting options with regard to this can be found under the following data protection statements:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google+: http://www.google.com/intl/de/+/policy/+1button.html
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- XING: http://www.xing.com/privacy
In addition, there is the possibility of blocking social plugins through the use of add-ons for your browser; for example, the Facebook plugin with the "Facebook Blocker" that you can download here, among other things: http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/ . In some cases, you can also change data protection settings, e.g. under http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Questions and comments
For questions, suggestions, or comments regarding the topic of data protection, please contact our group data protection officer by sending an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Responsible authority within the meaning of data protection laws
Datenschutz Webasto Group
Kraillinger Straße 5
Group data protection officer: Reinhard Bersch
Phone: +49 (89) 8 57 94-0
We send newsletters, e-mails, and other electronic communications with marketing information (hereinafter "newsletters") only with the permission of the recipient or as permitted under the law. Insofar, they are definitive for the permission of the users in connection with a registration to the newsletter whose contents are specifically described.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we use the data necessary for this or separately provided by you in order to regularly send you our e-mail newsletter. It is possible to unsubscribe to our newsletter at any time either by sending a request to the contacts described below or by clicking on a link provided for this purpose in the newsletter.
In order to subscribe to the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide us with your e-mail address. The subscription to our newsletter is carried out in a so-called double-opt-in process. That is, after subscribing you receive an e-mail in which you are asked to confirm your subscription. This confirmation is necessary so that no one can subscribe with someone else's e-mail address.
The subscriptions to the newsletter are recorded so that we can verify the legal requirements according to the subscription process. This includes the storage of the subscription and the confirmation data as well as the IP address.
You can cancel the receipt of our newsletter at any time, i.e. revoke your permission. This simultaneously deletes your permissions to receive the newsletter. You can find a link for the cancellation of the newsletter at the end of every newsletter.